Friday, February 5, 2010

Therapy

We got news from our Water Works that the sewer rates are going up by about double and a half.  Bummer.  This has us thinking, again, about how to reduce our water bill.  Of course, I already know how to reduce our bill:  Tamra should stop taking long showers.  But we all know this isn't going to happen.  The low-flow shower head was the compromise.

This got me thinking about other things, though.  Mainly, what I don't spend on Therapy sessions with a professional counselor.  When I take a shower, my troubles wash away with the water and the world is Good.  I figure it's worth an extra few dollars a month for shower therapy.

So:  Therapy Cost #1 = Water Bill

Therapy Cost #2 is, of course, my soccer league.  I play co-ed soccer every Friday night and it's heaven.  I come home and talk to Rob or my brother about the game (since Rob only cares because I care, not because he loves the game).  I don't think back to the glory days that were, because these ARE my glory days.  When I was 13 years old, my competitive spirit was sucked out of my soul by a really lousy coach, and since then I've been waiting for people to catch up with my non-competitive, fair-play attitude.  Turns out that age mellows people.  And soccer, to me, gets no better than a friendly game.

I've been playing every week for almost 2 years now and I'm addicted.  Family circumstances will demand that I skip next session, and I might go into withdrawals.

Therapy Cost #3 is high-speed internet.  It allows so many wonderful things that low-speed didn't (like blogging), so it's totally worth the extra $15/month that we pay for it.

And that's about it.  Books used to be a therapy cost, but I abuse the library system these days, so it costs me nothing.  And talking to Rob is wonderful therapy, but thankfully he doesn't charge me for it.

...

I don't feel bad that I'm not paying a professional counselor for therapy sessions.  They over-charge anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment