Friday, June 5, 2009

A Garden Series Intro

day lilies, circa 2007


I think a lot about my garden. Cause I love it. And it's pretty.

And I think about how a garden is such a good analogy for our lives. I know this is an overused analogy (and I mean SO overused), but there's a reason for that: it works. Consider with me, quickly, these things and how they apply to our lives:

* Gardens are living, growing things. They have a pulse, so to speak.

* They are a long-term project. Anyone growing a garden expecting to see every desired result tomorrow is going to be greatly disappointed.

*Lots of things that we try in a garden fail. But lots of things work. And sometimes it surprises us which is which.

*Gardens take work, sustained effort, patience, an admiration of beauty, and a little bit of a sense of humor.

There are more things I've thought of. And there are more things I think of all the time. So, I'd like to introduce my newest (as in, I just thought of this idea 2 minutes ago) series: A Garden Series. Where I re-say lots of lovely trite things that someone else has already said, I'm sure. But it could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment