Friday, July 31, 2009

Stolen Quote #6

While at the redwoods in California, I picked up this priceless Stolen Conversation. I was standing outside the bathrooms waiting for Elijah to come out. There was a couple standing there, the wife fussing with an infant in a stroller and the husband (Man with Big Belly, as I will refer to him in the Conversation) saying, "Honey, you don't have to strap her in. We're just crossing the parking lot!" The wife continued to fuss, and the husband continued to "pleasantly" gripe, "See. You also shouldn't strap her in because you don't know how to do it." Wife still said nothing. A little kid who turned out to be their son walked down the tiny hill toward the bathrooms and this ensued:

Man with Big Belly: Hey, come back here!
5-year-old Son: But I want a drink of water.
Man with Big Belly: Come get a drink of Mom's Jamba Juice.
5-year-old Son: I don't want Jamba Juice. I want water.
Man with Big Belly: Do what you're told.

5-year-old Son continues standing by the drinking fountain.
Man with Big Belly walks the 7 feet down the slope to help 5-year-old Son.

Man with Big Belly: You need to listen to me.
5-year-old Son: But I want a drink of water.
Man with Big Belly: You need to listen to me first.
5-year-old Son: But...
Man with Big Belly: No, you need to listen to me.
5-year-old Son: But your blood sugar is high.
Man with Big Belly: You need to listen to me even if my blood sugar is high.

Man with Big Belly helps 5-year-old Son get a drink from the drinking fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment