Friday, January 29, 2010

Security Questions

(This post is pointless and not worth your time to read.  You are forewarned.)

Every few weeks or so, my bank makes me re-verify my computer, even though it's the same computer I've been using to log in for the last 3 years.  I'm not annoyed by this; more security surrounding my bank account can't be a bad thing.  What I AM annoyed by is that the questions they suggested and that then I answered have multiple forms of the same answer.

For instance (and I'm going to use fictional questions that are close to the mark), "What street do you live on?"  Well, when I first answered that question, did I include the Street at the end or no?  And if I DID, was it spelled out as "Street" or did I abbreviate it as "St."?

Or, what about, "What city do you live in?"  Well, Cincinnati, but did I put "Cincinnati" as my answer or "Cincinnati, Ohio," or "Cincinnati, OH."  All of those answers are "correct," but my bank only recognizes one of them as the correct answer.

So even though I know the answers to all these questions, I have a small panic attack every time I have to re-verify my identity.  I don't want the bank to think I'm not legit because I can't remember in what form I put the name of my middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment