Monday, May 24, 2010

A Perfect Weekend

Rob took me on a date on Friday.  A date!!!

On Friday night we LEFT THE HOUSE for our date, and the leaving was important, for some reason.  He took me to my favorite place to eat (Panera Bread).  Then he watched my soccer game, and with the aid of providence I played remarkably well while Rob was there to witness.  Usually when he's there I play average to horrible, or he's watching the kids, too, so he misses my really good plays.  And while my passing was off for this game (usually it's very ON, so I was frustrated with that), I scored or assisted 4 of my team's 6 goals, and we won the game.  SWEET!

Then we went to Home Depot.  The romantic hot spot.  (It's where the cool kids go.)  We bought stuff so he could fix our broken light in the basement, and so we could grow tomato plants upside down in 5-gallon buckets (I'll post pictures when they're well on their way), and so we could plant herbs in pots and viners to go up the posts in the front.

We came home, paid the babysitter, jointly put the kids to bed, and played New Super Mario Brothers wii until late. 

PERFECT DATE.  Seriously.

On Saturday Rob helped mow the lawn.  Then we rigged up the upside-down tomato buckets, and planted all the herbs and viners, plus the other bulbs and seeds we'd been needing to plant for weeks.  Gardening is one of our shared loves.

Then we went to a party.  And then we took a nap.  The kids were in bed late because Rob went to a church meeting and I was still planting and cleaning and mowing and such.  You know, utilizing the light until late time.  And Miciah threw a fit as she was getting ready for bed and she got sent to her room and stayed up later than the boys so we could deal with it.  Miciah always says, "Mom, don't yell at me so much," and I always say, "Miciah, don't throw so many fits," and we resolve to try harder to be nice next time, and we're friends again. 

Rob helped me do dishes until 10:30 p.m., and we danced in the kitchen, and that made Miciah laugh.  And then Rob danced with Miciah, too, and that made her laugh some more.  And then Miciah went to bed and Rob and I played Mario, and went to bed late again, and loved every minute we were together.

TOGETHER.  What a beautiful word.

A perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment