Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Good to Have Supporters

I've reached yet another point in my interpreting journey.  I'm good enough to understand how lousy I really am, and I'm wondering if I'll ever be non-lousy.

This isn't really a point, though, is it?  It's not a point, a spot, a location.  It's a cycle.  But this time, as I've reached this point, I have a real sense that I may not ever be as good as I want to be.  I'm not fully sure what determines that.  It can't all be hard work. 

And it's times like this when I come home and flop on the couch and stare at the wall and say, "That's it.  I'm just going to quit right now."  And I'm so grateful for other people who know I can do it, so that when I forget, they can say, "You've got this."  I can repeat those words to myself until I've found my confidence again.

A huge thank you to Rob and all my other supporters.  You guys are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment