Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Experiment is Over

Started on:
March 19, 2009

Hypothesis:
It will take Rob a long time to notice that the picture needs fixing.

Materials and Methods:
1 picture barely showing in the frame.
I left the picture alone and just noticed, from day to day, if Rob fixed it or said anything about it.

Results:
Rob noticed the picture much sooner than I thought he would. I was ready to wait months and months. Instead, he noticed and fixed the picture not 12 days later, on March 28, 2009, when I took this picture as proof:

(Rob says he fixed it the day before, but I figure that since the picture had been messed up for a few days before the official start date, I can say that it officially was fixed on the day I took this picture.)
Rob was thrilled to find out that he had been the object of an experiment--you know, since he's a scientist himself.

Future Directions:
No more experiments on Rob. He is a thoughtful, wonderful person and I take him for granted. We will continue to apply our scientific minds to running experiments with/for the kids. For instance, the Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit and Orange Comparison Experiment that we ran the other day at dinner. That was a lively one.

2 comments:

  1. ...and you're just going to leave us hanging about the outcome of the Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit and Orange Comparison Experiment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't formally written it up yet. But you could run it yourself, you know. Even if our methods varied a little, I think things would turn out all right. Happy Experimenting!

    ReplyDelete