Saturday, December 5, 2009

Resolving Dreamy Conflicts

This morning I came up with the zaniest idea of my entire life.  Seriously, it'll take a long time for me to come up with a zanier idea.  But that's not what I'm posting about.

For the last month or so I've woken up repeatedly in the middle of the night with the strong impression that I was having an unresolvable conflict in my dreams.  I remember feeling very uneasy about it all as I fell back asleep.  I would wake up in the morning with the understanding that 1- it was all vividly clear in my dreams, and 2- it involved my brother Justin.

I wish I could explain it all, but I am unable to do so, even for myself.  I would wonder, briefly, how to resolve such a problem, when the problem wasn't even real, and I couldn't remember it anyway.  I think that if you could have had a conversation with me at 2 in the morning, while I was still half-asleep, I could have explained it all, and it would have made sense.  But in Real 100-Percent Awake Land, it wasn't real at all.

And yet the conflict continued. 

And then, about a week ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and I knew that the conflict had been resolved!  I have no idea how that happened other than that it also involved my brother Justin.  In fact, he was directly responsible for clearing up the whole matter.  And since then, I have woken up in the middle of the night smiling to myself as I turn over and fall back asleep.

So thank you, Justin, for resolving my unresolvable conflict.  It's only a true friend who can do such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment