Thursday, October 7, 2010

iPod Fun

I love my iPod.  It's my radio in the car, so I don't have to listen to crap unless I want to.  Not that my music is necessarily better, but I chose it and that's somehow important.

But here's my problem with the iPod.  I've been trying for about a year to find a way to listen to all my songs, one after the other.  Since I'm a reasonably intelligent person, you'd think it'd be easy for me to figure out how to do that. 

My tactic was to pick a song on my Song list and then set the iPod to random play.  Then I would have a good travel mix (I listen almost exclusively in the car), and I would be able to go through all 1789 songs.

But then, the kids would ask for a particular song, and I'd say something like, "But I'm on song 348!"  My husband would give me a look as if to say, "You're pathetic," and I'd be guilted into changing the song to Popcorn or Fireflies or Never Say Never.  And you can't just go back to the same random play list.  The iPod creates a new random play list every time.

I never got past song #500 or so.

And then, in a flash of brilliance, it came to me:  Listen to the songs in alphabetical order.  Then, if the kids requested a song, or if I wanted one day to listen to a certain artist, all I had to do to get back on track was remember what song I was on and go back to it.  And, as it turns out, alphabetical order is pretty much a random play list (until you get to "Christmas" or something.  Then you have to skip 8 songs at a time).

I am happy to report that last night I finally finished listening to my songs!  All 1789 of them.  And it only took me 3 months.

Be happy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment