Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's Time

It's time to cut my hair short, short again.  No objections from the peanut gallery.  They won't change my mind anyway.  Not when I get like this.

I know it's time when I start thinking obsessively about cutting my own hair for weeks on end.  I thought it would help that I got a super great $40 haircut (for free!) 2 weeks ago.  Nope.

I like my hair short not because I like short hair.  I like my hair short because I'm not even sure why hair exists in the first place.  I don't like doing my hair.  In fact, I no longer even comb it.  I don't like worrying about how it's laying or not laying.  I don't like how it gets static-y or flies in my face or generally reminds me that it exists.

Another thing that I don't know why exists:  Fashion.  Hence why I ignore fashion altogether.  It turns out that ignoring fashion gets you comments about how "original" you are, or about how great your "style" is. I'll take it.

Another one:  Stress.  So, if at all possible, I ignore it.  And then people say things about how laid back I am, or how well I handle things.  When, in reality, I just remove as much stress as I can from my life.  I'm a semi-professional stress-avoider.  ...  I guess stress is supposed to "make us better people" or something.  Who wants that?  I'd rather just not be stressed, thank you.

Alright.  That's all.  I'm cutting my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment