Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scripture on My Window, 8/21

You remember Scriptures on My Window? At the start of the year it seemed like a good idea, and then I forgot about it. Like most goals, right? Start out strong and then fade away. Well, truth be told, I haven't been studying my scriptures much in the months since. Shortly after the first few scripture posts, something happened that kinda rocked my spiritual world, and I checked out for a while.

I've been repenting in the last few weeks, trying to regain the lost motivation. I set a goal to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. And while reading I came across a great verse and thought, "I'd like to write that down and put it up somewhere. ... Why does that sound familiar?" And it dawned on me that I was doing that in January. I should do it again! So here goes, a new Scripture on My Window:
 
Omni 1:26
And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption.  Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

I like to compare this to a scripture just a couple chapters before, in Jacob 6:3, which says, in part, "and how cursed are they who shall be cast out into their own place!" And that's that. We can choose our own way, our own will, our own place, and be cursed to inherit such a place as we have built for ourselves. OR we can swallow our pride, offer own whole souls to Him, and be saved at the end.

(Also, the thing that rocked my spiritual world has come to an end. Praises be! I'll write about it later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment