Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stolen Quote #34

(Side note:  One of the great things about living in Cincinnati is that my kids say 'pop' instead of 'soda.'  It doesn't grate on my nerves any more, but I still don't have to like it.)

Elijah:  Mom, is pop good for you?
Me:  No.
Elijah:  So, it's bad for you?
Me:  Yep.  I mean, there are worse things, but soda isn't good for you at all.
Elijah:  Oh.

5 minutes later

Elijah:  Mom, would Jesus drink pop?
Me:  I don't know.   Soda wasn't around when Jesus was alive, so how am I supposed to know that?
Elijah:  Well, but would He?

I wanted to go into the fact that this is where the Gospel becomes ridiculous, when we're arguing over whether Christ would drink a Diet Coke.  Pointless.

However, I think it's clear that if Christ did have soda available, He'd choose Pepsi over Coke every time.

2 comments: