Saturday, April 21, 2012

I can do that

I went to school this week.  First week of the new term.  So it starts: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights I will be gone from my family; Tuesdays and Thursdays I leave before my kids get home from school.  This hit me pretty hard on Wednesday when Miciah gave me a hug and said, "Mom, I didn't see you at all yesterday.  I missed you."

Most of my classes are not book-heavy but application-focused.  I actually have to sign that project.  I need to go observe an interpreter.  I need to be interacting in sign language.  This is SWEET and actually makes me feel much calmer about the term.  No books to read?  AWESOME!

Maybe my classmates don't read their textbooks OCD-style like I do, because most of them are feeling overwhelmed with the work load in these non-textbook classes.  Granted, by Thursday I was sending Rob texts that said, "Why am I in school again?"  But normally I feel on fire.  Or, as on fire as I get.  Like so:

You want me to video tape a project in sign language every week?  Check.

I need to observe an interpreter for 2 hours?  Did and done.

Attend a weekend workshop for class credit?  Of course.

Oh, and I have to volunteer at the school, teach a church lesson every other week, take care of 3 kids, maintain my house, mow the lawn, study for tests, talk to friends, socialize in the Deaf community, and still sleep 8 hours a night?  No problem.

I can do that.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. It's pretty amazing what we can do. And do well.

    ReplyDelete